Education, Development, and Change
Email Dr. Shahid Siddiqui

Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Edition of Adhe Adhoore Khawab


 New Edition
of
 Adhe Adhoore Khawab

I got a phone call from my publisher yesterday who shared with me that the second edition of my Urdu novel, "Adhe Adhoore Khawab, is now available on market. According to him the readers' response was spontaneous and positive and the first edition was sold out in six months. I am thankful to all of you who read the novel, shared with me your feedback, wrote reviews, and introduced it to your friends. I love you all. :) For more details:  http://jbdpress.com

Dr Jan e Alam Khaki's Response to the New Edition
This is excellent news and lots of congratulations. I am not surprised as there are many lovers of such literature in our country. Yes, we need to address the top ladder needs but we should never forget that most of our clientele happen to be in the middle somewhere whose needs are met from books like these that touch the hearts and minds of the people. They are in Iqbal’s language “sukhan dilnawaz, janpursuz”. Your fans like me look forward to reading more of such literature in a genre that touches our hearts.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sir! the book is worth hundreds of editions.... Id strongly recommend this book to included in the curriculum of education and other courses of literature as well like MA Urdu, CSS and PMS Urdu literature optional... A trend setter novel would help the students understand the difference between the traditional writing style and the most modern one, especially a piece of writing with a beautiful blend of aestheticism and didacticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sof: Thanks for your very generous remarks. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and throwing it into the ocean.Approaching the boy, he asked," what are you doing? he replied," Throwing starfish back into the ocean.The surf is up and the tide is going on.If I don't throw them back they'll die."
    The man said, "Why don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish. You can't make the difference!" After listening politely,the boy picked another fish up and threw in into the ocean. Then smiling at the man,he said....."I MADE THE DIFFERENCE FOR THIS ONE."
    I believe that Dr.Shahid has successfully made this difference in AADHAY ADHOORAY KHWAAB. It contains a beautiful blend of feelings. The characterization of Saharan Roy reflects a dynamic and compassionate personality who lived to give LIFE to others. The level of motivation is truly appreciable and the subject is highly thought provoking. As I'm quite young in the teaching profession,I consider Aadhay Adhooray khwaab a great inspiration to move ahead.I hope and pray for the novel to be more successful.
    ALL THE BEST WISHES..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Muneeba. I am glad that you found the novel useful. It was a tiny contribution but as you shared even small things do matter a lot. Thanks for your insightful reading and your good wishes. Best of luck with your teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sir!!
    When i read this novel, literly i thought about one of my great teacher, she is my Mentor, my Inspiration... no doubt she is a great teacher... and really i inspired with your writing skills... i really love this novel and this novel is one of those novels which never be forgotten... this novel is full of true feelings and motivation. As i am a student but in future i would be like a teacher like my Mentor,Saharan Roy and like you :)
    Best of luck Sir for your future Allah bless u always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sir!!
    When i read this novel, literly i thought about one of my great teacher, she is my Mentor, my Inspiration... no doubt she is a great teacher... and really i inspired with your writing skills... i really love this novel and this novel is one of those novels which never be forgotten... this novel is full of true feelings and motivation. As i am a student but in future i would be like a teacher like my Mentor,Saharan Roy and like you :)
    Best of luck Sir for your future Allah bless u always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ammara, Thanks for your comments. I m glad that your related it to your your experience of learning. Wish you best of luck for your dream to become a teacher. Its such a wonderful professions.

    ReplyDelete